Wednesday, April 19, 2006


This is a brand new world...writing to a world audience.

Chilling!

My daughter-in-law got me going on blogs. Her's is a beaut.


Not that I'm a fuddy duddy when it comes to technology. It's just the old journalist in me: I'm used to figuring out who my audience is and then tailoring words, pictures etc. to fit that audience.

In a blog (Is is Cap B?), I feel like I'm on the pychiatrist's couch and the shrink has gone out for a beer.



Meanwhile, I'll see if I can post a picture of my dog, Cherry, an Austrialian Shepherd. She's smart. She let's us think we're in charge. But, at 82 pounds, and fast as anything, she's master of her domain.

She recenlty had her first chance to actually "herd" some sheep at a demonstration at a local grocery story parking lot. She was handled by an experienced herding dog trainer.

She got those sheep moving! Mach snell! The trainer was surprised to learn that she had never even seen a sheep before, much less herded any. She's a natural. She got a certificate and all! The girls at the animal shelter where we got her in 2000 were almost in tears when they found out one of their own was now a college graduate...well, sorta.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger ~Barbara~ said...

What a pretty dog! Tell us about the "Fun Run" that will benefit your library's summer reading program for kids! love ~B~

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Don said...

This weekend, I and that pretty dog in the picture will be "doin'" a 5K fun/run/walk/stumble on behalf of the Oregon City Library. It's a fundraiser because the city doesn't have the cash to equip and person a full time library.

Oddly enough, Oregon City has had a fully funded library since the late 1800s...it's only recently that it's fallen on hard times.

I volunteer for the Friends of the Oregon City Library...a bunch of older folk who remember what a library was and want to keep it that way. It's okay to be conservative about saving things that really matter.

Anyhooo...I've been increasing the lengths of my twice daily dog walks so that I don't look foolish...you know...lying on my back like a beached whale someplace along the route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home